Thursday, May 7, 2009

Windows 7 RC

Well as many of you geeks already know (the ones who aren't reading this), Windows 7 RC was released the other day, and I decided I would try it out (mainly because I never got my hands on the BETA because of Microsoft's blundering idiots in the IT department didn't account for the fact that people would actually WANT it). Anyways... I would first like to say that it is a pretty good OS, I've ran into a few bugs so far but nothing too serious... I'm also running it on my old Dell computer that's currently running a 3GHz P4 and 1GB RAM which is why it's a bit sluggish but still faster than (dare I say its name) Vista ("In the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit I repent of my sins Amen") ever was. There is one particular program that comes with it that is quite astonishing. It's called speech recognition and is far more advanced than I'd have ever thought it'd be. For example if I say "Open Mozilla" then it will come up with a list of programs that have "Mozilla" in them and each will have a number, then I would say "3 OK" and then it starts the program. So far it has worked with any program I have thrown at it including itunes and being able to select the song and/or playlist that you want then saying "Play" and it works!! There are lots of other cool features packed in as well. One of the major downsides is that they never simplified the Control Panel... It's simple enough, but I prefer several things being under "Display" rather than "Display", "Persionalization", "Color Management", etc. All in all I would like to officially state my support (so far) of Windows 7 and furthermore say that I can't wait for its release.

PS: If you would like to read more and/or get the RC yourself, then head over to Windows 7 official site

No comments:

Post a Comment